Sunday, April 25, 2010

Putting in the miles

When did life get so crazy?  I'm sure you know what I mean.  It's tough to find time to squeeze in half the things we want to do each day or on a weekend.  It's funny how I always have a "To Do" list that only gets a fraction complete.  Do any of you have the solution?  I sure would like to know the answer.

Thankfully, the Goat talked me into a couple great runs on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, and then I did a fast 7 mile solo run on Friday night.  The runs with Goat were about 10 miles each and they felt more like much needed therapy.  My job has been getting the better of me lately and running is the one thing that has kept me sane and productive.  I am so grateful for running.

I've gone back towards a more Vegan diet the past 2 weeks.  I've cut back on dairy quite a bit and have been eating more nuts and raw foods.  It seems to be helping the running.  The key will be to maintain my weight and strength.

Yesterday, we ran to the top of Talcott Mountain (twice) and enjoyed some great views.  Goat and I talked about hosting a race there someday.  Then, we picked up the pace rounding reservoir 6, chatted with a friend while refueling, and went back out for another 10.  Goat was dragging a bit as he is still recovering from the Traprock 50K, but we managed to get in 20 miles in just under 3:40.

I took today off from running.  I wasn't intending to take a rest day, but my body requested it.  I babysat for my granddaughter, Maliyah, since her Mommy worked 3rd shift last night.  Chasing Maliyah around is like running a marathon, so I figure we're good for the day.  It was especially traumatizing for Grandpa when her diaper exploded at the supermarket.  Jamie says I need to put the diapers on better.   I needed a nap after they left for the day.  Whew!

Congrats to all the Leatherman Loop runners!  Looks like a good time was had by all.  Perhaps I'll join in the fun one of these years.

Toying with the thought of running Seven Sisters next weekend.  I've run the course in training, but haven't been there for raceday.  Who's going to be there?

So, if you know how to carve out a few more hours each day or have the secret to productivity, let me know.  In the meantime, I'll try to hang on until retirement!

Have a great week everyone!

Mileage for the week:

Tuesday, 9.5
Wedneday, 9.5
Friday, 7
Saturday, 20
Weekly Total - 46 makahoonies